Department of Science and Humanities
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Science and Humanities consists of English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry disciplines. It has dynamic and dedicated faculty members in all the four disciplines. The department provides a strong foundation and support in the fundamentals of above four disciplines as well as in the areas of engineering and technology. It strives to mould the students to the best of their ability to develop the basis in the basic sciences and humanities required for a budding engineer. It aims at imparting knowledge, skills and above all a right attitude which is vital for professional Engineers. It strives to strengthen the students’ knowledge through conducting bridge courses, seminars, workshops and symposia periodically
To provide the best opportunities, conducive environment and innovative teaching to the budding engineers which create them successful leaders in the field of Engineering and Technology.
To provide students with a strong foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to identify, analyze and solve real life problems. To motivate the students for life-long learning and to inculcate in them professional and ethical attitude, good leadership qualities and inter and intrapersonal communication skills.
- To prepare students to excel in higher studies.
- To provide them with a solid foundation of fundamentals required to solve socio-economic problems and also to pursue higher studies
- To cultivate the interrelationships among disciplines as they relate to everyday realities
- To provide students with an academic environment, aware of excellence, written ethical codes and guidelines
- To promote awareness amongst students for life-long learning and to inculcate in them professional and ethical attitude, leadership qualities, effective communication skills, and multidisciplinary approach for a successful professional career.
The Department of Science and Humanities strives to achieve for the following programme outcomes
- Students will reflect knowledge of the principles, methodologies and value systems in human inquiries.
- They will demonstrate their ability to solve the problems regarding global and local socio-economic development
- They will reveal their ability to visualize and work on laboratory and multidisciplinary tasks.
- They will be able to learn both verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- They will gather knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities
- They will show the understanding of impact of Humanities and Science on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues